Fiber to the Premises, Fiber Deep and node segmentation solutions demonstrated to help European cable operators fight competition
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – May 11, 2009 – Aurora Networks, Inc., the only optical transport solution provider focused on delivering a cost-effective, optimized platform for next-generation cable services, will showcase its first European-optimized node and demonstrate its evolving cable solutions at the ANGA Cable 2009 show in the Cologne Fair Grounds from 26-28 May 2009 in stand #B48.
Aurora Networks’ new node, which will be demonstrated in four configurations at the show, is specifically designed to meet European operators’ unique deployment, capacity and architecture needs to deliver today’s in-demand subscriber services. In addition to its European-optimized node, Aurora Networks will showcase its existing, industry-leading tools to help cable operators evolve in Europe’s competitive landscape:
• Industry-leading RFoG and RFPON (RFoG with a smooth migration to full PON) solutions to enable cable operators to take advantage of FTTP architectures, incorporating unique components to overcome the deployment limitations associated with traditional approaches.
• Innovative Fiber Deep solutions that deliver a passive HFC architecture and products that enable European MSOs to significantly increase network capacity per subscriber while reducing their on-going operating expenses – cable’s first green architecture.
• With a focus on enabling simple evolution to increase network capacity, Aurora Networks will showcase its “Evolution not Revolution” node display, which demonstrates the industry’s most versatile node platform available today. This display will clearly show how cable operators can build upon their existing architecture with the deployment of Aurora Networks’ node platform today and not have to “rip and replace” to support next-generation services which will be demanded by their subscribers.
• Aurora Networks’ industry-leading LcWDM® (“O”-band) analog transmitter solution enables up to eight downstream and a dozen or more upstream wavelengths on the same fiber. This solution demonstrates fiber-efficient segmentation, a key opportunity for European operators to expand network capacity to accommodate more narrowcast services with constructing new fiber links.
• Additionally, Aurora Networks’ complete line of WDM solutions, CWDM and DWDM technologies including the AT3520G transmitter introduced in February 2009, which increases narrowcast bandwidth by 50 percent. WDM solutions allow European operators to add more wavelengths to their network without expensive or interruptive construction.
“In the evolving European cable market, operators need regionally-specific solutions that help them compete effectively with satellite providers as well as regional municipalities and utility companies offering similar subscriber services,” said Glenn Miller, vice president of business development for Europe, Aurora Networks. “Given the popularity of our solutions and the increasing market demand in Europe for converged services, Aurora Networks continues to be committed to leading the evolution in the cable industry through innovative, cost-effective solutions designed specifically for cable operators. ANGA Cable presents an ideal opportunity for the cable industry to learn how to leverage our solutions to advance network capabilities.”
Additionally, Wim Mostert, director of product management for Aurora Networks, will address attendees on WDM solutions for the European market in a technical presentation titled “Tools to Quadruple the Capacity for Targeted Services without Fibre Construction.” The session will be held in Room B during the “Fibre: The Way to Handle Increasing Capacity” panel from 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Please join Aurora Networks for demonstrations and information about its new European-optimized node and other unique solutions at ANGA Cable 2009, stand #B48.
About Aurora Networks
Aurora Networks is evolving cable by focusing on innovative solutions that build future-proof networks to accommodate the cable subscriber services of today and tomorrow. Aurora Networks is the only pure-play optical transport solution provider that is focused solely on cable MSOs. Using its proven understanding of cable networks, Aurora Networks delivers unique solutions - such as its Fiber Deep architecture and digital return technology - to address specific issues of the cable industry. A technology leader driven by innovation and industry-firsts, Aurora Networks enables leading MSOs across the globe to compete with a cost-effective, optimized launch pad for next-generation cable services. To learn more about Aurora Networks’ core cable solutions, please call 408-235-7000 or visit www.aurora.com.
Aurora, Aurora Networks and the Aurora logo are trademarks of and LcWDM is a registered trademark of Aurora Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used here only for identification purposes.
# # #