Extensive Network Monitoring, Powerful Analytics and Increased Performance Improve
the Protection and Management of Large IP Networks
SUNNYVALE, Calif.—September 22, 2009—Narus, Inc., the global leader in real-time traffic intelligence for the protection and management of large IP networks, today announced a major new release of NarusInsight, its flagship real-time traffic intelligence system. The latest version of NarusInsight introduces highly customizable and extensible monitoring capabilities, powerful analytics and increased system performance. With the new extended functionality, service providers and government organizations now have an even more robust solution available to protect and manage their large IP networks in real time.
NarusInsight is driven by a combination of customer demand, Narus’ continuing innovation of traffic intelligence capabilities and the industry’s constant technology evolution. Four areas of significant enhancements have been added to NarusInsight.
· First is the ability to detect, locate and control a wide range of services on a network. Network operators can now maximize the utilization of their networks by detecting and managing unwanted traffic (e.g. gray VoIP) or other unauthorized servers or services running on a network.
· Second is the ability to detect and analyze application-layer traffic and generate alerts according to network operator-defined rules. For example, application tunneling that would otherwise circumvent port-based firewall rules can be detected, allowing the operator or service provider to take appropriate action.
· Third is the ability to selectively capture traffic based on the existence of keywords or other patterns of bytes. This enhanced interception capability aids network operators and law enforcement agencies in investigating criminal activity and fighting terrorism.
· Fourth, NarusInsight has significantly expanded capability to monitor and analyze the ever-growing volume of traffic on carrier and government networks. Multiple petabytes of traffic can be processed, correlated and analyzed in a single system in real time. The highly scalable architecture provides a cost-effective solution for typical deployments today and an efficient growth path as networks continue to expand in size and performance.
Narus also added the following analysis and integration enhancements to NarusInsight:
· Customizable reporting structure for creating customer-specific analytics
· An open interface for integration with virtually any mitigation device an operator may want to use to act on the anomalies reported by NarusInsight
· Support for integrating with third-party alert reporting and management tools, such as ArcSight
“Service providers and government contractors must ensure their networks are protected against malicious cyber attacks and meet government regulatory requirements,” said Les Niles, vice president, product management, Narus. “We worked closely with our customers to ensure we deliver a highly customizable real-time traffic intelligence solution. The enhanced NarusInsight enables our customers to protect against network attacks and unwanted traffic, expand the precision targeting capabilities for lawful intercept, and meet their scalability requirements, including full support for 10 Gb networks. We are pleased to announce today the newest version of NarusInsight.”
NarusInsight is the foundation for the industry’s most advanced real-time cyber protection, intercept and traffic management solutions. Beginning with ubiquitous collection directly from network links or from existing network elements such as routers and firewalls, and moving through a massively scalable processing engine, NarusInsight has the ability to simultaneously provide deep-packet analysis, full session reconstruction and traffic correlation across every link and every element on the network. Regardless of the consuming application and whether the information required is based on full packets, application-layer metrics or basic flow-level information, NarusInsight captures and processes the information in real time in a single network-wide system. With NarusInsight’s capabilities to “see” traffic from the network through the application layer, Narus is in a unique position to help its customers understand their traffic. Once they understand the traffic, the NarusInsight Solutions for Cyber Protection, Intercept and Traffic Management allow them to protect and manage their networks, and to comply with governmental regulations.
About Narus, Inc.
Narus is the leader in real-time traffic intelligence for the protection and management of large IP networks, and is the only company that provides security, intercept and traffic management solutions within a single, flexible system. With Narus, service providers and governments around the world can immediately detect, analyze, mitigate and target any unwanted, unwarranted or malicious traffic. Narus provides its customers with complete, real-time insight into all of their IP traffic from the network to the applications. Combined with the ability to enable numerous actions, Narus customers have the ability to take the most appropriate actions quickly.
Narus’ system protects and manages the largest IP networks in the United States and around the world, some of which include KT ( Korea ), KDDI ( Japan ), Raytheon, Telecom Egypt , Reliance ( India ), Sify ( India ), Cable and Wireless, Saudi Telecom, U.S. Cellular and many more. Narus is a privately held, U.S. company, headquartered in Sunnyvale , Calif. , in the United States , with regional offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.narus.com
BOCA Communications for Narus