Private Networking Made Simple, with Improved Performance and Reliability
RICHMOND, VA — May 19, 2009 — Cavalier, a leading provider of competitive telecommunications services throughout the eastern United States, today announced its Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). Cavalier’s VPLS combines the simplicity of Ethernet with the intelligence of IP and the inherent security of MPLS in Cavalier’s core fiber network. VPLS is a next generation Layer 2 Ethernet service that allows customers’ geographically dispersed LANs to be meshed into a single-bridged Ethernet LAN, so all sites appear on the same network.
“This service satisfies some of the top IT priorities for our customers by offering simple and secure private networking at speeds from 1Mb to a Gigabit and higher,” said Lou Sommi, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Cavalier. “Customers are already comfortable working with Ethernet. Now they can use it to connect their locations over Cavalier’s powerful fiber network to support increasingly complex applications.”
Cavalier’s VPLS service offers:
- Predictable service levels – Priority data must be delivered in a reliable and timely manner. VPLS offers flexible traffic flow planning using standard classes of service, providing end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) for mission critical applications such as transaction processing, voice and video.
- Security – Customers’ VPLS traffic is completely contained within a dedicated Layer 2 switch domain with all routing done on the customers’ equipment.
- High availability –VPLS ensures the availability and transmission of all applications. The service is fully meshed, using MPLS in the core network to achieve the fastest possible convergence time.
- Scalability – Customers can quickly adapt to changing bandwidth and business requirements. Services grow easily without labor-intensive configuration changes.
- Flexibility – Set up only one connection per site — no matter how many locations or services are being used. Customers can combine voice and multiple data applications onto their choice of network access options, including T1, Ethernet Express, DS3, SONET and Gigabit Ethernet.
About CavalierCavalier, headquartered in Virginia, is a full-service provider of reliable and efficient telecommunications solutions for business, consumer, and government customers. Using its owned and operated fiber optic network, the company serves hundreds of thousands of customers throughout the eastern United States. From landline voice to managed network services, customers depend on Cavalier for a wide range of communications products that drive their businesses and simplify their lives. We strive to combine technology with customer commitment to deliver the best value available. For more information, please visit us on the web at http://www.cavtel.com. # # #
BUSINESS CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT:
Lou Sommi Lisa McCausland
Cavalier Telephone, LLC Dahlia Public Relations
+1 267.803.4244 +1 303.888.2137