In 2009, even a crystal ball would have a hard time predicting:
- Most Internet traffic bypasses tier-one networks
- Ciena beats Nokia Siemens in the auction for Nortel’s assets.
- Infinera introduces new gear without its flagship chips inside.
- Convoluted and too-loosely-defined broadband stimulus rules actually depressing carrier spending – at least according to some vendors
- Comcast acquires NBCU.
- The emerging momentum of Net Neutrality
Best Reader Response: Retired telecom monopoly executive leading a bankrupt car company
Honorable Mention: The tremendous and rapid success China Telecom has experienced with CDMA2000
Coming next: The most game-changing products of 2009.
It’s not too late to enter to win $50. Take the survey here: Best & Worst of 2009 SURVEY