In 2009, everyone but the companies in question (okay, mainly Google and Apple) were talking about:
- Google buys Sprint.
- Cisco and/or Google acquiring everybody – both are back on acquisition trail, they say
- The merger of prepaid providers Leap Wireless and MetroPCS.
- Google Phone – The Nexus One is – for all intents and purposes – official, but we won’t believe it until we hear it straight from the horse’s mouth.
- Apple actually announces the Apple Tablet, instead of everyone else.
- A Verizon Wireless iPhone (so we can see if Verizon’s network is as good as it claims it is)
Best Reader Response: That we’re about to have a redo of the late 90’s thanks to Economic Stimulus
Honorable Mention: Smart grid getting pushed out to the house on fiber connection.
Coming next: The year’s best business models.
It’s not too late to enter to win $50. Take the survey here: Best & Worst of 2009 SURVEY