Throughout 2009, consumers were talking (or Tweeting) the most about:
- Location-based mobile services/apps
- Facebook tops 300 million users, even Friendster comes back from the dead – social network still a fad?
- Over the top video explodes – streaming tops BitTorrent on wireline; up next, video as an expected feature on mobile devices
- Twitter reaches mainstream and is profitable. Real-time communications is a real trend.
- Google Wave – Google launching an invite-only service with limited invites available got everyone talking.
Coming next: The most bizarre applications.
It’s not too late to enter to win $50. Take the survey here: Best & Worst of 2009 SURVEY