Call it wishful thinking, but we’d love to see some new – and promised – services in 2010; and not just from Google either:
- Completely cloud-based media: photos, music, books, etc.
- Augmented reality for mobile goes mainstream
- Social search. We want our search engines to anticipate our every move and respond accordingly.
- Targeted ads that are truly targeted. Similar to search – if consumers can give up their privacy concerns that is.
- A true single-pay, three-screen content service – access to full cable/IPTV content on PC and mobile devices with no extra cost and true ease-of-use
- More femtocells and more femtocell apps
Best Reader Response: A truly unified home gateway, including music, video, etc., with VERY FEW WIRES.
Honorable Mention: single contract plans across all services
Coming next: The years’ most interesting exits and biggest foot-in-mouth moments.
It’s not too late to enter to win $50. Take the survey here: Best & Worst of 2009 SURVEY