Sometimes competition can turn into all-out feud:
- AT&T – Verizon “map” advertising wars. AT&T failed when it tried shut VZW down in court, and the commercials just keep getting juicer.
- Verizon CEO to Hulu: “You’ll be dead in 2 years”
- Just about to arrive: smartphones vs. netbooks vs. Web tablets (once rumored Apple tablet launches)
- Metered mobile broadband (the rest of the world) vs. flat-rate, all-you-can eat (US)
- Best effort Internet versus QOS Internet (wireline and mobile)
Coming next: The top things you can and can’t blame the economy for